Friday 12 February 2016

Just Over 2 Weeks to Go!

Well,I have had a fairly pleasant, motivational week! I hope your's was as good. 

To think my other post at the start of my 8 week programme contemplated my new love for running entirely, I can safely state... I'm back on game! Yey! I'm going out on my training runs with sheer optimism, hardly any side stitches and overall, seeing vast improvements! Praise the Heavenly Lord! 

I left you with a review of my 6 miler which was January 26th. Gosh seems like a while ago. 

The 29th was a bit of a spontaneous one. I aimed to do a 3 mile, which then turned into a 5 mile and y.o.l.o f.i.s.h came into play for helping me bang out my 8 mile long run of the week. When I say this was tough- I meant it. This run saw sheer tears in my eyes. I don't know why. It just did. Maybe I wasn't in the correct mindset. But as they say a bad run is better than no run at all. ;-). 

I headed along Holyhead road towards the A45, to come up Coundon Wedge Drive. This is hell and always will be with the first 3-5 mile on a gradual incline. I was suffering. So I decided to take a detour, at this point only aiming to complete 5 miles. I headed towards Brownshill Green road, of which I've only ever cycled in the past and it walked. I felt the fatigue in my legs to the point whereby I wanted to stop on the hill heading towards Waste Lane. Why was I feeling so f-ed? 

I ended up heading backwards and thought, you know what? I'm going to take advantage of the nice weather, my legs will just have to hold out. I ended up running around my old primary school to come down Bruce road and back onto Beake Avenue (my home stretch). At this point I was only clocking in at around 6 mile. So I decided to make up the last 2 miles completely, so onto Links Road I ran and down towards my local- Juibilee Cresent, whereby I ran down Cheveral Avenue, up Lydgate onto the Radford Road, this made up 7 miles. Ahhhh 1 mile to go. Back onto Saddler, re lapping, down onto Links back onto my home stretch! Whoop. 8 mile long run checked off! I found this hard and to think again, the following week was to be continued with a 2 mile increase in mileage, taking me up to 10 whopping miles was another daunting thought. I was worried to say the least. At this stage I dread my long runs, as this is were I tend to pick up injuries, tight muscles and colds! 

My TomTom clocked in for 1 hour 26 mins 40 secs. Looking back on Garmin connect. My last 8 miles, in preparation for the Great Birmingham Run clocked in at 1:27:27. Happy days, considering I thought this was be an epic failure, with regards to how I felt during. 

My next run was to be deemed a failure. But again, at least I got out and ran for 2.10 miles (suppose to be a 3.10). At around mile 1, I got a severe lady cramps, which saw me run the last mile and bit at possibly the fastest I've ever ran. I suppose there is light at the end of the tunnel. A nice little anaerobic sprintathon. Good for the lungs, you know! I was gutted because I knew after stopping my watch. It probably would have made another route PB. But mother nature called! 

The next day I wanted to get a 5 miler in. I did so with an amazing 48:29 finish. GO COLEY! 

Followed by another 5 miler the next day. I probably ran so well because i'd arranged to for dinner with my Dad. Aha. Clocked in 48:30. I'd say that pretty good for consistency over the 2 days! 

The next two days were to see out 2 5k's with a boom. Knowing the next weeks would be increased to a 4,6,4,10 mile week. Again, more route PB's 

4th Feb :- 29:41 
5th Feb :- 28:42!!! Yeah, baby!! 

The weekend, served to screw me over- well, training wise. Going out for early birthday drinks with my best friend Friday,  as she's off to Cornwall for the weekend of her actual birthday today. I was feeling a bit tender after not stumbling in till 3:30am ish, then I was up early and in work for 12:30-18:00. When I got home- I just wanted to play dead to the world, I felt icky all day. Sunday was 11:30-17:30 shift, not too bad! But exhausting after a exciting weekend. I'm not use to going out anymore, nor do I enjoy being out of control of my body and feeling shite the next day- call me boring before my time! 

I knew I was in no state to run 10miles. So I thought, I'll wait and make up for it in the week commencing... 




No comments:

Post a Comment